Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Vine Ripe Farm CSA : Week 2

Green garlic and Olive Oil Pasta
Another green week from our CSA!  I took Gabe with me this week to pick up our share at the farm.  He thought it was very cool.  So this week our share  includes:

  • 2 bags of washed mixed lettuce
  • 1 bunch of red kale
  • 1 bunch of green garlic (a different variety than last week)
  • 1 bag of arugula
  • 1 large bunch of rainbow chard


So obviously salads will be on tap again at our house!  With the holiday weekend still up in the air I haven;t had a chance to menu plan for the upcoming week - but I know we will have salads with grilled stuff and I'll get to take salads for lunch, too.  We have figured out that one bag of the lettuce makes 4-5 large dinner sized salads.  The kids eat it, too - just in much smaller amounts.  So I know we'll have salad for dinner twice - and probably a side salad at least once.

I am thinking I'll use the arugula in a pasta with blue cheese and walnuts (obviously Gabe can't have this), most likely.

I used this recipe: Sauteed Rainbow Chard as a starting point for our chard adventure.  I changes it up a little - we did not have pine nuts, so I used toasted pecans instead.  I also started the saute with some finely diced onion and pancetta diced up really small - then followed the recipe from there.  We also decided to put the Parmesan cheese into a nice bowl of polenta instead of on top.  So we swerved the sauteed greens over top the polenta and called it dinner.

No comments: