Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is there a red neck in the house????

So I have moved almost 650 miles further north than I ever would have imagined I would have to -- and while VA is under the impression they are still "the South", they are sadly mistaken. How do I know? Well, let's make a quick 'for example' kind of list...
  • Most restaurants do not serve sweet tea
  • Even less people know how to MAKE sweet tea (no, it does not come in a Snapple or Lipton bottle)
  • Grits anyone? Not here.
  • If you can't tell me the ratio of water to grits RIGHT NOW while you are reading this, you need to stop calling yourself southern
  • Manners are few and far between. No one says Ma'am or Sir, please or thank you, and very few will even hold the door for you - and they certainly won't wave you in to traffic when you are trying to get out.
  • Did you see the pictures of the snow? Yeah, in the south snow=freezing rain.
There are many, many other examples - but listing them all is not the point of this post. THIS post is about the fact that I am NOT in the South; HOWEVER, that does not mean that we don't have your quintessential red neck population. I have been driving past this on my way to work since Thanksgiving.

Take a look - a close look. Do you see it???

No comments: