Sweet and Spicy Pork
adapted from Cooking Light, June 2005
This comes together VERY fast.
- 1# boneless pork tenderloin, sliced into thin chops (we made 6 slices)
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp EACH minced garlic and ginger
- 1 tsp oil
- 2/3 cup of salsa
- 2-3 Tbs of chutney or preserves (we used a combo of hot mango chutney and strawberry preserves)
- cilantro to garnish
- Heat the oil in the pan on med/med-high and mix the soy, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Put the pork in the pan and immediately spoon they garlic mixture evenly over the chops.
- Turn pork over when it starts to get a little golden brown.
- When cooked to your preference (don't over cook, there is always carryover) remove from pan and cover with foil while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce - put the salsa and chutney in the same pan you cooked the pork - stir until well blended and heated through.
- Serve pork slices with sauce on top.
VERDICT: OMG - this was so easy it was crazy. It took my 25 minutes from start to finish, INCLUDING the time it took me to wash three potatoes, wrap them and toss them in the microwave, find the pole beans in the freezer and get a pot of them going, find all the ingredients and chop everything and slice the pork. You can't even preheat the oven and cook a frozen pizza in that time. Oh, and before you gasp at the massive pile of white stuff on my potato - it's yogurt :)