Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Meal Planning - Reinvented (August 1- 14ish)

So I kind of fell off the Meal Planning Wagon over the summer.  Life just got in the way.  I still made rough plans based on what was coming out of the garden and what we had and what was on sale - but I never sat down at put it in the blog.

But with school starting shortly and my new 90 day Beach Body Challenge, I have to start planning again like I mean it.  What I decided to do was make a master list of meals I could make on any given day - and decide which to make during the day, based on how hungry I am and how much protein I have already eaten during the day.  (Protein is always hard for me to get enough of - 'slab 'o meat' is just not appealing.  I'd much rather have a huge mess of veggies or pasta.)

So here is my menu/recipe list for the first 14 days of my 90 day challenge.

Breakfasts:
eggs, whole grain cereal, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, pumpkin seeds

Lunch:
left overs (if available), tomato sandwiches, other random healthy things

Snacks:
Fresh veggies, hummus, almonds, Shakeology

And Dinners - I've noted where they come from (MW is Moosewood, MWLF = Moosewood Lowfat).  I took the easy way out and linked to other people's posting of these recipes if they were true to the book.) I will get the rest of the basic nutritional info up soon.

Black Bean Soup (MW@home p. 23) 204 cal., 10.8 g protein 4.1 g fat per 8 oz
Corn and Squash Soup (Cooking Light, 2011)
Cold Tomato Soup (MW@home, p.26) 71 cal., 1.9 g protein, 2.8 g fat per 8 oz
Curried Chickpeas and Tofu (MW@home, p. 169) 253 cal., 11.7 g protein, 10.5 g fat per 8 oz
Broiled Eggplant w/ Lentil Salad (MW@home, p. 131)
Avocado and Corn Salad (MW@home, p.119) 317 cal., 5 g protein, 23.5 g fat per 8 oz
Pasta Fresca (MW@home, p.184)  273 cal., 11.7 g protein, 9.2 g fat per 8 oz
Pasta Tutto Giardino (MW@home p.186) 208 cal., 6.3 g protein, 5.4 g fat per 8 oz
Caribbean Fish in packet (MW@home, p. 245) 212 cal., 22.4 g protein, 10.5 g fat per 6 oz
         with mashed sweet potatoes
Braised Fish with artichokes, red peppers and onions (MW@home p. 248) 165 cal., 18 g protein, 6.1 g fat per 6 oz  over steamed rice w/ roasted beets
Tuscan White Beans and Sage (MWLF, p.168)
Curried Cabbage and Potato Roll Ups (MWLF, p.251)


No comments: