Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Reece!



I don't know where the time has gone.  Reece's first year has really been a blur.  As I started planning for his cake and little birthday party get together I started to get really sad thinking how this is it.  I'm 40 - and we are not rich people.  No more babies :(  I can't believe I feel this way - so not what I expected.

Reece has been an absolutely lovely little boy.  He is hardly ever fussy.  He smiles and laughs all the time.  He clearly love, love, loves his brothers.  He has been super easy to put down for naps and bed at night from the very beginning - which is such a gift after the horrid time we had with the boys never napping for real and the hours and hours trying to get them in bed and not screaming.  He never had latch issues, so breastfeeding has been much easier - aside from the constant battle with thrush - which was probably a result of me being so tired and worn down.  (I'll admit it, I am jealous of all the people who have help when they have babies.  People that come and stay with them, give them an hour to take a nap, help them when they are exhausted...I can't even imagine how different that must be than what Doug and I have experienced.)

No comments: