Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Day 4: Still seems not quite real...

Morning COVID numbers

Things are still going pretty well, all things considered.  By no means are they perfect, but there are things that are going pretty smoothly - so I am hoping to build from there.  It is hard to know how much effort to put into all the "school" stuff for the kids when we honestly don't know if we will be going back to school even on April 14 - which is not the projected date.  I think if we knew for sure we were done for the year, we would cut our home school type activities maybe in half.  I know the kids are getting ther stuff done, but I am drowning in planning lesson for them, carrying out those lessons, and doing ONE of my online jobs.  Now tomorrow I will learn what I need to do for my other "regular" job.  I don't know how to fit more into my day because MY kids took the place of my SCHOOL kids - and now I might be getting my school kids back on top of homeschooling.

LEGO Challenge:
Science class gone wrong
Today the kids had math, music, reading, did a lego challenge and writing for schoolwork.  It was a nice warm day, so a lot of time was spent outside doing kids stuff.    Then we watched/listened to an hour long live stream living room concert from the Indigo Girls - which was very cool.

Live Indigo Girls Concert
While victories are great (more please and thank yous), the struggles are also very real.  We struggle with Gabe's tendency to ramp up and do mean things physically to his bothers.  They never see it coming until he takes it too far and hurts them.  We are also seriously struggling with Reece's explosive temper. It is so over the top and out of control, and then he feels bad because he swears he can't control it (ADHD??)
LEGO Challenge:
Bird in the Classroom
He is not taking meds because he hates that they make him not hungry, but we have to find something that works for him.  The irony is that right now would be a great time to figure it out without having to worry about school - but you can't really get to the doctor to have it managed and tweaked.  So it pains me to see him struggling so mightily.  It also kills me that every time I have backed off and let Doug take charge in the last 2 days all hell has broken loose EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I don't understand what the cause is - but they are not able to hold it together when he is in charge...and he explodes, too.   He is great at being "fun dad," but he cannot be follow a schedule, keep things from escalating dad to save his life...then I end up frustrated at everyone and having the kids run to me to defuse the situation.  This has to change.  I just don't know how.  The struggle is real.

Evening COVID numbers
+ 20,000 world wide
+ almost 4,000 in the US






No comments: